Friday, May 1, 2009

Hooking Up With The Gents


I found out last Sunday that the Four Gents For Jesus were reuniting for a singing during the Sunday service at the Methodist Church. I really wanted to go and hear them, but because of commitments at my own church could not. I did, however, hook up with them and their wives for lunch.

It was quite a lively group, and the laughter and fun was nonstop. They even sang one song just for me in the restaurant!

Mitch, Glennon, Steve, Jack


They do not get together very often, for just as they were really rolling along and getting strong, three of the four moved away. One moved to become a professor at a university. One retired and moved away, and one moved his business to another city. But they sing just as if they had never been apart.

I really love these guys and their great wives. They did much to help me promote my book. I hope it is not so long before I hear them sing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment