Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rain, Natural and Supernatural


I woke up the other night to the sound of rainfall. I'm certain I heard the trees clapping their hands and the shrubs on the sides of our mountain rejoicing as well. The next morning, even on the backside of winter brownness, everything looked bright and colorful as the suffocating dust had been washed from the land.

All of our tanks had gone dry several weeks ago. The moisture deficit had grown crucial. Moisture is so important, whether to our land, or to our bones, or to our life walks in general. When dryness sets in, productivity and perspective decreases. Just like that dry tank bottom, from which all wildlife withdrew, aridity in our lives draws the same results.

I'm so glad the Spirit of the living God is water on my entire being. It refreshes me from head to toe, both on the inside and out. I know that as the dryness of this world's system persists in its attempts to disrupt and invade my life that the Kingdom of God remains the same. As I myself am watered, I can water others. I had an opportunity to do that this week as some very close friends experienced a tragedy in their family. Their niece and nephew, students at a large university in Texas, were shot and killed. We prayed together, wept, and rejoiced as we knew that they moved to heaven.

May we never accept dryness as normal. May we press into the Spirit, the moisture of God, always being prepared to not just be watered, but to water, prepared to offer refreshing to others.



1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! I loved the analogy and thought of it when it rained here.

    ReplyDelete